- We do update this Policy from time to time so please do review this Policy regularly
Collection of personal information
The personal information that we collect on individuals may include, but is not limited to,
- job title;
- contact information, including email address;
- demographic information such as address, postcode, preferences and interests; and
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or promotions.
We do not collect sensitive information about visitors to our website.
As with most online businesses, we may log information about your access and use of our Site, including through the use of Internet cookies, your communications with our Site, the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using and the domain name of your Internet service provider.
We may contact you to voluntarily respond to questionnaires, surveys or market research to seek your opinion and feedback. Providing this information is optional to you.
If we receive your personal information from third parties, we will protect it as set out in this Policy.
Use of personal information
We collect and use the personal information for purposes including:
- to better understand your needs, enabling us to improve our products and services;
- for internal record keeping;
- direct marketing;
- to communicate to circulate promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting;
- with you (by telephone, email, fax or mail) for market research purposes;
- to personalise and customise the website according to your interests; and
- to help us identify and/or provide information, products or services that may be of interest to you.
We do not sell, rent or exchange your personal information with any third party for commercial reasons, beyond the essential requirement for credit/debit card validation during purchase
We may share information with our parent, subsidiaries, divisions, and affiliates.
Also, we may provide your information to:
Any third parties engaged by us to act on our behalf, such as processing credit card information, order fulfilment, shipping, debt collection, mailouts, advertising and market research; and third parties authorised by you to receive information held by us.
We use a technology called “cookies” as part of a normal business procedure to track patterns of behaviour of visitors to our site. Cookies are useful for enabling the browser to remember information specific to a given user. We place both permanent and temporary cookies in your computer’s hard drive. The cookies do not contain any of your personally identifiable information.
We are committed to protecting the information we receive from you. We follow reasonable technical and management practices to help protect the confidentiality, security and integrity of data stored on our system. While no computer system is completely secure, we believe the measures we have implemented reduce the likelihood of security problems to a level appropriate to the type of data involved.
We protect the personal information from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure by various means including firewalls, password access, secure servers and encryption of credit card transactions. We uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input. It is important for you to protect against unauthorised access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
If you believe that we have breached the Australian Privacy Principles and wish to make a complaint about that breach then please email us at email@example.com setting out details of the breach. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you in writing setting out the outcome of our investigation, what steps we propose to take to remedy the breach and any other action we will take to deal with your complaint.